One of the great assets of Luther Seminary is its dynamic student body. Diverse, ecumenical, and engaging, students of all ages, work backgrounds and life stories literally come from all over the world to learn at Luther.
Luther is a seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). And although there are plenty of ELCA Lutherans present, students and faculty from other Christian faith traditions play an integral role in this community of learning. We see diversity as an opportunity and blessing through which students and faculty challenge one another and develop deeper faith.
Whatever your story is, Luther Seminary welcomes you wholly and completely, ready to help you discern more deeply to what and where God is calling you.
Students enrolled at Luther Seminary:
Enrollment by degree program:
- 58% Master of Divinity
- 22% Master of Arts
- 9% Doctor of Ministry programs
- 6% Ph.D. and Master of Theology
- 5% Other (Graduate Certificate, non-degree, or special programs)
- 138 students are enrolled in the M.Div. DL degree
- 40 students are enrolled in the M.A. DL degree
- 26% of the total student body represent 41 denominations and faiths other than the ELCA.
- 52 international students represent 23 different countries.