Prepare to lead
We are excited that you are thinking about pursuing your call to be a leader in a Christian community. In addition to applying to Luther Seminary, M.Div. students are required to go through a candidacy process, according to the church body in which they are preparing to serve. The Student Resource Center can help you navigate this process.
Online and Low Residency options
Along with our on campus options, you can choose to pursue your degree from home through our Distributed Learning (DL) program. The DL program enables you to pursue your degree at your own pace, from just about anywhere. A typical year for a DL student looks like this:
- Fall semester (13 weeks) online
- January intensive (2 weeks) on campus
- Spring semester (13 weeks) online
- June intensive (2 weeks) on campus
MDivX is an innovative, expedited M.Div.
- full-tuition scholarship
- stipends for living expenses
- earn your degree in 24 months
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- History of Christianity
- Systematic Theology
- Spanish Language for Ministry
- Children, Youth, and Family
- Congregational Mission and Leadership
- Justice and Reconciliation
Traditionally, our four-year M.Div. program includes three years of courses and one full year of internship. Now you can take courses and intern simultaneously, or finish earlier by studying/interning during the summers.
Graduation requirements: 30 courses including Contextual Learning (internship, Christian Public Leader, clinical pastoral education and cross-cultural education).
Please visit Luther’s Academic Catalog for an outline of the M.Div. curriculum and a complete listing of courses.