- Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0+ on a 4.0 scale (However, the Admissions Committee does take into consideration factors other than academic record.)
- Graduate Certificate in Parish Nursing: Applicants must have completed the Parish Nurse Preparation course before they are admitted to the certificate program. Certificate in Parish Nursing applicants may substitute a current RN license for a bachelor’s degree.
2. Start your application
Complete the online application form to get the process started. You can save your progress and return to complete your online application at any time.Apply now
Once your initial application is received, you will be sent an email that walks you through the next steps in the application process and provides login instructions for MyLutherNet, where you can track your application progress.
You can also download a PDF M.Div. application checklist to chart your progress.
- Fall term: July 1
- January term: November 1
- Spring term: December 1
- Summer term: April 1
3. Entrance essay
The entrance essay should be up to two pages and it should:
- indicate why you want to pursue graduate-level certificate work.
- identify your immediate aspirations and your long-term professional goals.
- state how graduate work will help you accomplish the above-outlined goals.
Submit your entrance essay as a Word doc or PDF to the Admissions Office by email (email@example.com) or by mail (2481 Como Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55108).
Please include your login number (included in your initial application confirmation email) with your essay.
4. Transcripts and letters of recommendation
Please request official transcripts from every college or university from which you have received credit. Transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 2481 Como Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55108).
Submit letters of recommendation
- A recommendation from a pastor
- A recommendation from a teacher (or professional reference if applicant’s most recent academic experience is more than five years ago)
- A recommendation from a non-family person
You’ll need to submit an email and phone number for each recommender. Use your ID Number and login for MyLutherNet (included in the email confirming receipt of your initial application form) to request recommendations via email.
Alternate method: If it is not possible to request electronic recommendations, you may download the PDF version and share it with your recommenders. Ask them to submit the completed form directly to the Admissions Office (email@example.com or 2481 Como Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55108)
5. Once your application is complete
Once all of your materials are received, your application will be reviewed at the next regularly scheduled admissions committee meeting. You will be notified of their decision within one business day of the meeting.
If you are accepted (congratulations!), you will be asked to:
- Send an affirmation of intent to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 2481 Como Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55108); and
- Submit a deposit or deposit waiver to confirm your intent to enroll.